Who works in the class?
A very warm welcome to all parents in Robins class!
The Autumn term involves settling all 52 of our children into Nursery and helping them to learn the routines and expectations.
We will be assessing each child's current developmental stage of learning and will use this to plan exciting topics related to the children's interests.
We hope that your child will come home and tell you all about the activities they have done at school. Please talk as much as possible to your child about their learning.
We teach the seven areas of learning as set out in the document 'Development Matters'.
Please click the links below to see our Curriculum:
- Please Click Here to see our Characteristics of Learning LTP.
- Please Click Here to see our Communication & Language LTP.
- Please Click Here to see our Expressive Arts LTP.
- Please Click Here to see our Literacy LTP.
- Please Click Here to see our Mathematics LTP.
- Please Click Here to see our Physical Development LTP.
- Please Click Here to see our PSED LTP.
- Pease Click Here to see our Understanding the World LTP.
We also begin to teach Phonics through the 'Letters and Sounds' program (Phase One).
Class Rules and Expectations:
We expect children to begin to take responsibility for their classroom environment and behaviour. We place a lot of importance on the children knowing how to tidy up and put everything away in the correct places, using the labels on the boxes. The children are taught how to sit quietly on the carpet and we praise good sitting, clever brains, looking eyes, listening ears, empty hands, and hands up to speak.
We encourage the children to take a book home every day to share with an adult. Please read together, pointing to the words and talking about the pictures. Show your child that the story is told through the words and the pictures together.
Please encourage your child to become independent – particularly putting their own coat on and off, using the toilet independently (including wiping themselves), putting shoes and socks on and off, etc.
- We ask for £2 per child per half-term to pay for cooking ingredients, as well as a box of tissues.
- We are always grateful for donations of toy cars, play people, cushions and junk modelling boxes, cartons, pots and tubes (ask your class teacher whether she needs anything).